- Pasco projectile launcher
- plastic balls
- small C-clamp
- Clamp the launcher to table. Using the plunger, push ball in to short range setting. Point the launcher straight up and fire. Measure the height.
- Turn the launcher to horizontal and fire again from the short range. Use the height and range of this ball to determine initial velocity. (t=2y/g and vo=x/t)
- Using conservation of energy calculate the maximum height of a vertical shot. Compare with the value from #1.
- Set the launcher to various angles to find the angle which gives maximum range