Minor in Physics

To minor in physics from another major, one needs to take two courses from the physics upper-division core along with Phys 380 for a total of 9 units in addition to the introductory calculus and physics sequences. (You will complete the Technical Writing requirement in your major.)Loverude_edited_4_sized

Minor or double major in Math or another science

Some 20% of our majors graduate with a minor or double major in math or another science. To minor in math, one also needs to take Math 250B, a gateway course to all upper-division math courses, and then just three additional math courses, typically, advanced calculus Math 306, ordinary differential equations Math 310, and linear algebra Math 307. If you minor in math or another science or in engineering, the department will waive the 3-unit physics outside-elective requirement.